These were the films I enjoyed watching most this year. Of course, they weren’t all made this year. Just a heads up!!
1. The Ghost and Mrs Muir (1947) Wonderful movie about a woman living by the sea who falls for her house’s ghostly former inhabitant, the handsome Captain Gregg.
2. SPECTRE (2015) Latest addition to the Bond franchise. This is the first Bond film I’ve watched properly but I still found it thrilling to watch.
3. The Imitation Game (2014) Movie about Alan Turing cracking the Enigma Code during World War II. A fantastic movie starring Benedict Cumberbatch.
4. In Which We Serve (1942) British propaganda film about the sinking of the HMS Torrin during the Battle of Crete in 1942. Great film, but the overtness of the propaganda is unavoidable. Reminds us of the sacrifice of war.
5. Carve Her Name With Pride (1958) Film about the brave female spy, Violette Szabo, who was involved in espionage during World War II and paid for it with her life.
6. Philadelphia (1993) A lawyer develops AIDS and sues his law firm for wrongful dismissal, while being represented by a homophobic lawyer. Beautiful film, starring Tom Hanks and Denzel Washington.
7. A Theory of Everything (2014) Film about Stephen Hawking, his marriage to his wife, Jane, and his diagnosis with motor neurone disease. Great film but very slushy and sentimental.
8. The Pianist (2002) Movie about a Polish pianist who struggles to survive in a Warsaw ghetto during World War II. Adrien Brody was fantastic in his role as the main protagonist.
9. The Elephant Man (1980) Movie about the 19th century curiosity, ‘The Elephant Man’. Starring John Hurt and Anthony Hopkins. Both men sparkle in their roles as John Merrick and Dr Treves respectively.
10. A Royal Affair (2012) Surprisingly interesting foreign historical drama about the schizophrenic Christian VII, his wife Caroline Mathilde and her love affair with her husband’s doctor.
PHEW! The list this year was harder to compile because I’d seen so many great movies. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this list. What are your top 10 films of 2015? Comment below. I’d love to read them x